Friday, April 27, 2012

My Body Is Like Machu Picchu


My Body Is Like Machu Picchu

To those who are seeing for the first time,
Trekking breathlessly up its slopes,
Machu Picchu is a natural wonder
With its powerful waterfalls
Craggy overhangs and grassy resting spots
Wildlife bounding freely through
Breathtaking vistas

They are blind to any flaws
Novelty in this case is easy beauty
(love at first sight)

But can I,
Who live on this mountain,
Maintain my wonder and awe
For God’s great creation?
And allow others to marvel
Or just appreciate it
For its simultaneous simplicity
And grandeur?

And admire all subsequent sights?

4.21.12

No comments:

Raw Poetry

My photo
Oakland, CA, United States
Writing my poems has been healing for me, and I find that sharing them has been too. So I hope you enjoy, and please feel free to comment. Did anything resonate with you? Bring up questions? Move you to action?