Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Teach Me to Sleep Through the Night

Teach Me to Sleep Through the Night

Teach me to fall asleep when I lay down
Teach me sleep in my own bed, no sound
Teach me to not wake up until it's light

I'm a sweet little girl who loves to bite
I've got six teeth and it gives Mom a fright
I love to put everything in my mouth
Such as furniture, shoes, and people who say Ouch!

Someday I'll grow up from this little phase
And Mom will wish we could return to these days
"Life was more simple when she was a baby
But we will accept whatever stage she be."

4.3.17

Dedicated to my firstborn

No comments:

Raw Poetry

My photo
Oakland, CA, United States
Writing my poems has been healing for me, and I find that sharing them has been too. So I hope you enjoy, and please feel free to comment. Did anything resonate with you? Bring up questions? Move you to action?